This Veer site is owned by Corbis Corporation. The designation of Veer throughout the text below applies interchangeably to Corbis and its affiliates.
Collection of Information
When you access and use the Web Site, our web server automatically collects certain technical information (“Technical Information”) about your visit to the Web Site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, referring IP address, the internet browser and the operating system used by you, and information on what web pages on the Web Site are accessed or used by you. In addition, if you have set up an Account (see below) and are signed in, the keywords you use to search for products are collected and may be matched with your Personal Information, as defined below.
If you wish to access and use certain information, material, products and services offered by Veer, including those offered on or through the Web Site or catalogues published by Veer, Veer will require that you set up an account (“Account”) with Veer and provide certain information about yourself (“Personal Information”). In setting up your Account, Veer may require that you provide some or all of the following Personal Information: your full name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, user name and password. In addition to the information above, if you wish to purchase products or services, Veer will require your credit card number and associated information, or if billing to a purchase order account, any financial information necessary to be approved for account. (See Account > Account info for full purchase order information requirements.) Veer may also receive and collect information about you from other parties, including the third party vendors featured on the Web Site and from companies that operate a transactional database (see the discussion below in the Use and Disclosure of Information section for a more detailed description of what a transactional database is). The Technical Information and the Personal Information will be used by Veer for the purposes set out below in the Use and Disclosure of Information section.
Warning: Other Web Sites
Use and Disclosure of Information
Veer operates in various jurisdictions around the world, either virtually or through a local office or through an affiliate or subsidiary (each affiliate or subsidiary hereinafter referred to as an “Affiliate” and collectively as “Affiliates”), and in the course of its business operations will transfer or share information from one jurisdiction to another between its various offices or among its Affiliates. Veer and its Affiliates may also store and process information in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction in which the information was collected. You acknowledge and agree that Technical and Personal Information may be transferred or shared from one jurisdiction to another between Veer offices and among Veer Affiliates and that such information may be stored and processed by Veer and its Affiliates in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction in which the information is collected, including, without limitation, in Canada, the United States and the countries comprising the European Union.
The information that is collected, stored and processed in the course of its business operations is used for a number of purposes, including processing the transactions you engage in with or through Veer, providing customer service to you, communicating with you, informing you of or providing updates or upgrades to products or services, customizing and facilitating your use of the Web Site, improving, modifying or developing products and services, and marketing, including direct marketing of products and services offered by or through Veer (including those of third parties) through the distribution (by e-mail or otherwise) of catalogues, advertisements or other publications to you. Veer will also use Technical and Personal Information about you and aggregate it with Technical and Personal Information about others, such that no person is individually identifiable. Veer will then use this aggregated information for web site analysis, product or service analysis, statistical analysis, or marketing and promotional purposes.
Information about you is important to our business and we are not in the business of selling your information to others. The information that is collected, stored and processed by Veer will only be disclosed to other parties in the circumstances outlined below.
- Affiliates. Information will be disclosed to Affiliates as described above.
- Transactional Databases. Your Personal Information may be provided to one or more transactional database companies that log your purchase history and share such information with other persons that provide similar information to the transactional database. A number of companies such as Abacus, a division of Epsilon, offer transactional database services. Please note that if you do not want your Personal Information to be shared with one or more transactional database companies, you may instruct Veer not to disclose your Personal Information to such parties by contacting Veer as set out below in the Contact Us section and indicating your preference not to have your Personal Information disclosed to such parties.
- Agents. Information will be disclosed to a person that Veer is satisfied has been authorized by you to receive information. Information will also be disclosed to agents of Veer such as a company hired to deliver packages on behalf of Veer and a company hired by Veer to provide list processing services to assist Veer in the mailing of its catalogues. Agents of Veer will only be given access to information required by them in order to perform the services on behalf of Veer.
- Collection Agencies. Information about you will be disclosed to a collection agency if amounts owing by you to Veer are not paid within the agreed upon time or such other time as Veer decides is appropriate, acting reasonably.
- Disclosure for Legal Purposes. Veer will disclose information about you if required to do so by law, court order or as requested by any other government or law enforcement authority. Veer will also disclose information about you where Veer, acting reasonably, believes that such disclosure is necessary or advisable, including when Veer has reason to believe that the safety of Veer employees, customers or others is at risk, or if disclosure of such information is necessary or advisable to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with Veer’s rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed in such activities.
- With Your Consent. With your prior consent, Veer may disclose information about you in situations other than as provided above.
Veer endeavors to provide a secure environment in which you can provide and obtain access to information about you. Veer has security measures in place to prevent the modification, misuse, loss or misappropriation of information about you, including the provision of a secure environment in which the information is stored and controlling access to such information by parties external to Veer.
One such security measure used by Veer is assigning you a user identification and password upon setting up an Account with Veer. You acknowledge and agree that the user identification provided by Veer to you so that you may access, utilize or otherwise enjoy the Web Site and the password selected by and used by you in conjunction with the user identification to access, utilize or otherwise enjoy the Web Site are to be kept secret and confidential. You shall not disclose the user identification or password to any other party without the express written permission of Veer. You further acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for each and every access, use or enjoyment of the products or services and of the content that occurs in conjunction with the password and user identification given to you by Veer, and that Veer is authorized to accept the user identification and password as conclusive evidence that you have accessed, utilized, or otherwise enjoyed the products or services or the content.
Changing or Updating Your Information or Your Privacy Preferences
You may, at any time, view or update all of your information stored in your Account, including your privacy preferences, by either logging into your Account on the Web Site and following the appropriate links or by contacting us. We ask that you review your Account information regularly to assist Veer in ensuring that your information remains accurate and up-to-date.
In some cases, Veer may not be able to provide you with all the information that it has collected about you. This would occur if provision of the information could lead to disclosure of another individual’s personal information, where laws or regulations prevent disclosure, or where it would simply be too costly to provide the information such as a request to provide you with a detailed history of every web page on the Web Site visited by you. If Veer decides not to disclose some or all of the information collected about you, Veer will advise you of the reason.
Please note that if you do not want your Personal Information to be shared with one or more transactional database companies, you may instruct Veer not to disclose your Personal Information to such parties by contacting us and indicating your preference not to have your Personal Information disclosed to such parties.
Please further note that even if you delete or change your information stored by us, information about you will continue to be stored by us indefinitely and may be used and disclosed by us for the purposes set out under the headings “Affiliates”, “Third Party Vendors”, “Collection Agencies” and “Disclosure for Legal Purposes” under the Use and Disclosure of Information section above. Also, you should note that information may still be stored in places outside of our control such as in our agents’, contractors’, or third party suppliers’ databases (including those being used for archival purposes) and transactional databases. In the event that you are having difficulties in reviewing or amending your information, please contact us directly.
Accountability and Complaints
In the event that you have a complaint with respect to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you, please contact us with a written statement of your complaint, where we will within thirty (30) days review your complaint and advise you, as to the response to your request, or in the event that we need to extend the time that it will take us to respond to your request, or have to refuse your request, we will tell you why (subject to any legal restrictions) we are unable to respond to your request within the time period.
Please refer to our contact information.